• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bobbed an M923

wehring

I am wet from head to toe from working in this South Texas climate... just completed a bobbed M923. I installed one of my double receiver hitches and it has COLD AC!!!!

Unfortunately it is not mine and it is leaving tomorrow. I also leave tomorrow for the AC12 Alaska Convoy. Talk about cutting it close.

There are some catches to bobbing the M939 trucks. This is my 3rd one and I can now say that I have my process dialed in.

Hope you enjoy the pics. They are from earlier today when I was checking clearances. For you guys with eagle eyes, yes the rear air pots are not installed.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

Last edited:

wehring

AC vents

Thanks Tim.

Just took some pics of the AC ducts. I did not install the AC so I can't be of much help with information. The one behind the seat is great. I would not have thought of putting it there but that is why we share info on here...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

The dark side

Richard,

I never thought Tim would come over to the dark side either (M939 series) but he did. There are SO many reasons to go with these truck. Power steering, 65 mph cruising speed, 8.3 Cummins (BIG PLUS), super singles, auto tranny.... the list goes on.

I think the M939A2 series is where it is at.

Justin

3dAngus

5ton is a bit big for me personally, but You're quickly making me a convert.
Bobbing a 5 ton makes a lot of sense compared to bobbing a deuce which is what Im about to do.

wehring

turning radius

These trucks have a great turning radius bobbed. It is big but it does not "drive" big after bobbing it.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Justin, can you tell us who did do the air conditioning? After a hot day in a 923 I am ready to pop for it.

Nice bob job BTW.

wehring

AC

I will find out but I will be off radar for over a month. All I know about it is that he said he paid 5-6K to have it built and in hindsight for the NHC250 they would have gone with a powersteering pump driven compressor. it was made by a company in Houston.

I would love to have AC in my M916 but I have not made the time to upfit the kit I bought from Wreckerman. Actually sitting in a cold cab sure has bumped it up on the to-do list.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I'm not at all interested in truck-bobbing, but I am intrigued by that AC installation. I would be grateful if you took some pictures of other parts of the system so we could see how it was done. [thumbzup]

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Justin that is a very nice bob (an I am NOT into bobbing) and the A/C is pretty interesting, I was driving my 925 back from a show last Sun. and it was 100 degrees OAT and even with every window and vent open I bet it 115 degrees in the cab, very interesting truck and it looks like you have the procedure down very well, nice job!
KK

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Looks good,I bobbed a 923a2 a couple months ago.More work than the 800 series.I really like the 900 series trucks alot..

MO MV man

This is exactly what I want to do.

I had a blast bobbing my old M35A2 (in my avatar) and have a serious itch to do an M923!

I'd REALLY like to know more about the "oddities" of bobbing one of these that you mention.
Brake issues?
Structural issues?
Or?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks