• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought m931a2 yesterday. Won’t start today.

wiersema07

Good evening I bought an m931a2 yesterday and drove it home no issues. When got it home was leaking coolant under hood from the heater core box and in cab so I narrowed that problem down but today after work I was going to move it to install mud flaps and do the exhaust and some clicks/loud thump noise video attached if it allows me. First I checked the voltage on my 2 batteries and both are reading 12.3V, I tightened all the connections to them and gf thought it might be starter. I checked voltage on that and was reading 23.6V. I thought maybe the starter got wet by the coolant dripping but thought to myself that starter could get wet anytime so it shouldn’t be shorted out. The previous owner said the batteries need to be replaced. They are 725cc apiece. I’m going to freightliner tomorrow to get a couple group 31 batteries that are 925cc I’m hoping that will solve the issue. Just looking for some of y’all’s insight on if it sounds like batteries even though says they have charge. Possibly they are dry and not good even with a good reading ? It won’t allow my to down load the video of the noise it’s like a battery click or louder with the truck. Sounds like engine knocking I suppose you could say when trying to turn over to start
Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Do your gauges come on or flicker when you turn the power switch up?

If no, smack the black pcb behind the washer bottle on the drivers side with a hammer

It's a common cold weather culprit the box gets moisture inside it that can't escape. Then the freeze kills the solenoids

wiersema07

If no, smack the black pcb behind the washer bottle on the drivers side with a hammer

It's a common cold weather culprit the box gets moisture inside it that can't escape. Then the freeze kills the solenoids

My 85 923 I had todo that a few times. I put trickle charger on it over night n she fired up this morning. Was about 35 over night n 50 for high yesterday surely didn’t think it’d be too cold lol. I’m getting new batteries today

wiersema07

yeah gauges work n more. I left a trickle charge on it all night and it fired up. I’ll be buying new batteries for it today

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks