• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought some Overson Engineering Lockout Hubs.

rmgill

Just gave the nice man a credit card number to order them and get them shipped to where the deuce is in PA. That way they'll be waiting for me when I get there next week and I can bolt them on for the trip to Reading and then back home.

Deuceswild

Ryan,
I'd like to read your review on your hubs after installation and a test drive as I too am thinking of purchasing a set. If I'm not mistaken there were 2 version available for purchase,,, standard duty & heavy duty??? Which set did you choose?
Thanks, Jeff.

rmgill

It's an Airshift. I bought the Cast units. The Billet ones aren't that much better, but apparently, the chaps at OE started making them because some of the rock crawler crowd was worried about the cast units failing. I suppose if you hit the hub with a huge rock as you roll over on your side it could be broken.....*shrug*

hot rod deuce

Yup, like he said the cast are just as strong and the only way to get billet is have randy do a special run. 750 a set. I just bought five sets of cast and have been selling them. Got one set left if any one is interested we can make a deal. I belive i had a post some time ago offering to group members only.

rmgill

hot rod deuce said:
Yup, like he said the cast are just as strong and the only way to get billet is have randy do a special run. 750 a set. I just bought five sets of cast and have been selling them. Got one set left if any one is interested we can make a deal. I belive i had a post some time ago offering to group members only.
Dang. :? I checked back posts to see, but wasn't sure of the status of that. Figured it was long past. I paid $595 for the set, how much more did I pay?

rmgill

Haven't driven it yet. I'm up in Canada right now. We left last night from outside philly at 10pm, drove all night, got into near Toronto this morning loaded a CMP HUP, then drove up past Toronto to another town to get an armored hull from Minakers Junk Yard. We're crashing in a hotel Near Toronto and then driving back to the Philly area tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks