• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got my sf97 forms from GP--Their name is in the buyer box--No good for NJ

gem1410

Told GP the paper work including the form sf97 does not work in my state when they have their name as the buyer--I was told by their title dept in San Francisco that I must have misunderstood the verbiage--I asked the women to read the verbiage to me--She could not find it--It felt like I was talking to a thing from outer space--She said her boss would get right back to me--Its been a few days--hope outer space time does not mean 1 year---so far GP is not very helpful on titles

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are a motor vehicle dealer and need to issue you a "dealer assignment of title", then the SF97 made out to them is transferrable.

MtnSnow

NDT is correct. You should have also received a form like this which allows for the "Reassignment of SF-97"
Reassignment of SF97.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MtnSnow, that "home brewed" reassignment would not work in my state. Needs to be an official State of California reassignment document. Like the Florida one we used to get from GL.

gem1410

GP said they are licensed out of Florida as a used car dealer--The sf97 they sent me uses the California address of GP--NJ motor vehicle caught it and said no--Dealership name and correct Florida address must be on the SF97 to go with the Florida dealer reassignment-----I thought the same as you NDT--Not a big deal--use the correct names and addresses and get me my new paperwork--

gem1410

NJ motor vehicle looked at the home made reassignment GP sent and called California motor vehicle to see if people out there really think can make up their own paperwork--I find out about that conversation next week--I sent GP $450 for nine sf97 forms--hope things work out--my auction receipt names gov planet and the paperwork is in Iron planet---all hard to explain to NJ motor vehicle

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same thing happen with their first sale. After contacting them they did issue an official Florida reassignment.

gem1410

I had the same thing happen with their first sale. After contacting them they did issue an official Florida reassignment.
That would work--did the name and address on the sf97 match the info on the Florida reassignment--thanks Warthog and please let me know who you talked to-- GM

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just called the main number. SF-97 was to IP. Reassignment was from IP to me.

Ill see if I can find the thread.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to help you sound professional in the future(no pun intended), "space time" is referred to as "light years".

MtnSnow

Utah was happy with GP's & GL's "home-brewed" paperwork that was all notorized and all the serials & such matched and that's all I care about as I now have Utah titles for all of my items I purchased either thru GP or GL.

gem1410

Some states are difficult like mine--It would be much easier having all title work sent to friendly states --GL would send out the AZ titles for less then $80 and they were good--Common sense shows you the trail of ownership from the government sale through GP to the auction buyer--I do not understand why the my state is so difficult---Could be all the lawyers that live here

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to help you sound professional in the future(no pun intended), "space time" is referred to as "light years".
Light year is distance, not time.

Wiki
A light-year (abbreviation: l.y.), sometimes written light year[SUP][1][/SUP] or lightyear[SUP][citation needed][/SUP], is a unit of length used informally to express astronomical distances. It is approximately 10 trillion kilometres (or about 6 trillion miles).[SUP][note 1][/SUP] As defined by the International Astronomical Union (IAU), a light-year is the distance that light travels in vacuum in oneJulian year.[SUP][2][/SUP] Because it includes the word year, the term light-year is sometimes misinterpreted as a unit of time.

gem1410

To follow up--Gov Planet title dept told me today that my state of NJ can have the paper work any way they want it-- Florida address on the sf97 with the correct reassignment from their dealership office in Florida made out to me--no extra fees--the boss in titles was great to work with---She said some states are easy and NJ is not--I agree with her --

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks