• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just little things now I think....

travistodd1

A big thank you to everyone who helped me get my 817 on the road. I sent the original fuel pump off and had it rebuilt. It starts, runs and idles as it should. I even drove it around the block today! I have several little things to start tackling now, most of which I have identified and ordered the parts for. I just don't want to stand outside in 108 degree weather to work on it.

Big question, is there something I can install to help prevent the seat from bottoming out? I am a good sized person and my seat spring can't take my weight. I end up bottoming out on even the smallest stuff. Kinda hard on my bum...

Again, thank you everyone.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Buy an air ride seat. New are under $400 for a nice one. Or used from a truck yard.

809 series cabs are 10in narrower than m939 cabs. Only downside of those trucks.

Swapping to an 18inch steering wheel helps a bunch as well

travistodd1

Buy an air ride seat. New are under $400 for a nice one. Or used from a truck yard.

809 series cabs are 10in narrower than m939 cabs. Only downside of those trucks.

Swapping to an 18inch steering wheel helps a bunch as well
I was thinking of going the air ride route. I found one not far from here. I may swap to a smaller steering wheel also, I'm pushing it with the one that's in there.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I was thinking of going the air ride route. I found one not far from here. I may swap to a smaller steering wheel also, I'm pushing it with the one that's in there.
Any 7/8" shaft 36spline wheel works. Was common on tractors

77 AMG

You can also raise the steering column up about 3/4 inch on the dash and get some "relief" from having the steering wheel try to start a fire in your lap when you have to turn the wheel in a hurry. Just make sure to re-set the lower mount!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks