• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KDS box

Stealthweapons

I have A Brunt diode in the box my glow plugs would not turn on so I’m guessing that was the problem my question is is there anyone on this forum or does anyone know anyone on this forum or outside of it that will install a new diode on one of these KDS boards any information would be awesome I buy two used KDS boxes off of eBay I’m keeping my fingers crossed that one out of the two will work the individual selling them did not say whether they did or not only that all sales are final so I’m hoping he’s just saying that just to cover himself and I understand but I hope they do work but I would like to get this one fixed to keep as a spare anyhow I appreciate anybody’s information thank you for your time

Attachments

Wire Fox

Where in Indiana are you? I'm not specifically an expert on this specific control part, but I'm pretty capable with soldering tools and have built and repaired many things in the past. If I can find an old thread talking about others' inspection work of these, I may just be able to help you replace the right parts without causing additional damage.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Looks like that board has traces and solder on both sides. Having something to wick or vac away the old solder like a desoldering station would make the job alot easier. It is possible that something else going bad caused the diode to burn out though.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The rust on that solenoid relay indicates it was getting too hot for a long time. You can meter out the transistors, if they dont visually look bad, to see if they are shorted.

Stealthweapons

Where in Indiana are you? I'm not specifically an expert on this specific control part, but I'm pretty capable with soldering tools and have built and repaired many things in the past. If I can find an old thread talking about others' inspection work of these, I may just be able to help you replace the right parts without causing additional damage.
I am in Charlestown Indiana right next to Jeffersonville across the river from Louisville Kentucky

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks