• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KDS Start system

GWP112

Ok Hummwv starting up every time. Parked for two weeks now start light blinks once turns over but fails to start. Could it be the yellow KDS box ? I can hear a click sound coming from the box rite after i stop cranking the engine.

papakb

I put a brand new set of Interstate 6TL batteries in my HMMWV and they only lasted about 16 months. Becasue they're considered "military" batteries they only had a 12 month warranty. REALLY pissed me off because of their price and since the previous set lasted 6 years. I picked up another set of Interstates at Tower Park 2 years ago and they've been perfect so far. I don't know if I just got a bad set or what but I'd go back in and check yours.

The newer PCBs behave differently than the originals did. I rather liked the glow plug relay clunking as they cycled with the original Prestolite box. You knew it was working! The newer solid state boxes don't give you that comforting clunk anymore so all you can do is monitor the voltmeter. If it bottoms out as it cycles I'd say you have battery issues. And it's a heck of a lot easier to watch the voltmeter than to get out your ohmmeter and test each glow plug.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks