• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keyed Ignition

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is the best place to source a good quality keyed ignition for the five ton? I bought one from Those Army Guys or whoever they are for a previously owned truck, and it was junk.

Wreckclues

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is the best place to source a good quality keyed ignition for the five ton? I bought one from Those Army Guys or whoever they are for a previously owned truck, and it was junk.
I like the one from Big Mikes motor pool, it's cheap and easy to install.
True it's not going to stop a hardened thief, aside from a well hidden kill switch what would?
But it would likely deter a joy rider, a farm kid who knows how to start a tractor and can figure out my hi-lo manual...and possibly give me a few pointers...oy

NVAM998

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought one of these from federal military parts. One of the studs was loose. It worked (so far) but they won't even respond to my email questions about it. Paint chipped off easily. Guess I should have just installed a hidden disconnect. Won't be buying anything else from them. Simple issue but they don't seem to care.

Edit - FMP just reached out and said they would send a replacement.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks