• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

keys for military chain lock?

rfischba1

Does the military locks used to secure the wheel take a universal key?
Does one key fit all chain locks , just like the ignition keys. I found a key by have not tried teh lock on my truck.
Thanks

tmbrwolf

Nope all the locks used a different key, at least in all the motorpools I ran. The only key alike locks we used were on the wrecker for instance and only on the compartments, the steering was a different higher security lock.

jasonjc

I must have 20-30 of those locks. Some trucks that I have, have 2 and 3 locks each in them. One still has the lock on the wheel.

acetomatoco

You can get mil locks keyed alike in sets....However most supply room folks don't research the fsns enough to do same. I just cut em off the trucks and put em in the brass scrap. New locks of the same type are about $10 ea at the mil flea mkts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks