• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kicking myself for not bidding

hammick

I'm regretting a little not trying to buy an 802a duel power plant from GL. Auction no. 707070. I decided to go with a known working single 802a on trailer for much more $$$

The power plant sold for $1,800. Did anyone actually inspect this unit that can make me feel better about it. Both were tier 2 resets with Re-manufactured engines. Not sure of the reset date but one had 74 hours and the other 228 hours.

I'll get over it after my set is delivered. Thanks.

802 Power plant sold.jpg

dmetalmiki

Always pay what you Would Like to pay, and for the condition you would like it in. If then it does what you want (ed) it do..Job Done. Much satisfaction, no regrets. Does NOT matter if (another) one, two...or..three,sold for..x! YOUR satisfied. Enjoy.

Better now?...........Nice acquisition.

hammick

Always pay what you Would Like to pay, and for the condition you would like it in. If then it does what you want (ed) it do..Job Done. Much satisfaction, no regrets. Does NOT matter if (another) one, two...or..three,sold for..x! YOUR satisfied. Enjoy.

Better now?...........Nice acquisition.
Not really but thanks. I contact GP about an inspection but they never responded. Not sure if I was too late just six days before auction of if inspections at Ft. Riley are impossible.

dmetalmiki

Now I'm "anxious" as well! post up the details and functionality of the unit after you have it home and test it. Good luck. (fingers And other things crossed).

hammick

Now I'm "anxious" as well! post up the details and functionality of the unit after you have it home and test it. Good luck. (fingers And other things crossed).
I didn't buy the one at auction. Somebody else scored it for $1,800

I paid significantly more to a private seller for a low hour 802a completely cleaned up, all filters changed and running on an LTT-LQG trailer.

I was just wondering if anyone here actually inspected the GP unit.

Lmtv772

Banned
I didn't buy the one at auction. Somebody else scored it for $1,800

I paid significantly more to a private seller for a low hour 802a completely cleaned up, all filters changed and running on an LTT-LQG trailer.

I was just wondering if anyone here actually inspected the GP unit.
You didn't buy it for the reason you had no idea in what condition it is in. you still would have to pay transport costs, auction fees and whatever to get it fixed and running. And unless you're a mechanic who works on these Gens all the time. you may be stumped and find yourself with a heavy paper weight.
So you bought one that is running from someone who did the work for you and charged you for his time, parts and the unit.
Hope that makes you feel better , then.

hammick

You didn't buy it for the reason you had no idea in what condition it is in. you still would have to pay transport costs, auction fees and whatever to get it fixed and running. And unless you're a mechanic who works on these Gens all the time. you may be stumped and find yourself with a heavy paper weight.
So you bought one that is running from someone who did the work for you and charged you for his time, parts and the unit.
Hope that makes you feel better , then.
It does and I definitely feel like I paid a fair price for my unit and trailer. I'm semi-retired and like to tinker and will probably take the auction plunge at some point. I have always just flipped motorcycles and done fairly well on those. Have rehabbed some gas generators and done fine. The diesel sets might be in a different tech category and I'm guessing the resale market is limited.

Thanks for all the info.