• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

killing my MEP003

Ray70

No, it won't kill the output, but probably isn't a very good idea.
I'm not 100% positive but I thought I read that running without batteries can damage your DC charging circuit.
I would double check before doing it... but, I have a hunch you already did and now have an AC output problem??
If so, can you elaborate on what exactly happened?

Scoobyshep

Looking at the diagrams and it shouldnt, But i do recall a procedure for testing the alternator circuit with a resistor, SOOO it might not be the best idea to run it with no battery

Triple Jim

One problem is that without a battery, the high amount of ripple on the battery charging circuit often destroys the RF noise suppression capacitors at the fuel pumps and maybe other locations I can't think of. If one of those decides to become a short circuit, you'd lose all 24v.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks