• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knock Knock

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled all of the crankshaft caps today they all looked good.
Any ideas on what to check next? I'm going to talk to the mechanic again tomorrow.
Would a bad bearing in the air compressor cause the knock and mettle in the oil pan?
All the main caps? If so, you will be doing front and rear main seals too! Is the knock high or low in the engine? Is it a single or double knock? If an air compressor rod goes away, the compressor will stop making air, the rods are aluminum and will not tolerate any damage. What kind of matal and chunks, steel (will a magnet stick to them), aluminum or bronze/brass? Can you take a good clear pic of the stuff that came out of the oil?

dragonman

I only took one cap off at a time.
The knock sounded low on the engine. It was a single knock.
There was a bunch of real fine powder stuck on the magnetic drain plug. And i found one piece that was about 1/8x1/8, the guy that drained the oil said he found a couple of pieces that were around 1/4x1/4 They were shiny silver, haven't checked it with a magnet yet. I rinsed the pan out with gas and saved it in a cup I will try and get a photo tomorrow.
I felt most of the cylinder walls and piston skirts they felt pretty good. Im going to pull of valve covers tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks