• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LANCASTER Bomber Restoration Video --->BBC

vtdeucedriver

There is always hope for the two brothers to get it flying again but what this video does not tell you as that Lancaster needs Spar repairs to be made airworthy............They can be made yes but from the amounts that have been thrown around in the warbird circles, they will need to give ALOT of rides for many years to accomplish those repairs. Another sad fact is that insurance costs could also keep them from flying. I know the only UK flying B-17 has been battling this issue for years now and I believe it has finally been grounded for just those reasons. The Vickers bomber that recently took to the skies in the last couple of years has also been grounded due to parts shortages, airframe time limits and in short...........lack of funding. The only flying lancaster in the UK still remains airworthy is due to the fact that its still in essence a "Military Airplane" as the RAF still control its operation and is still flown and maintained by the UK govt. I hope they get it airborne, that would be great.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks