• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Large cable cut from transmission relay during demil process...what is it?

Smoking Joe

I have an 1151 that I purchase from a private seller. They did little more then put windshield glass in and spray painted the whole thing carc green...straps, rubber dust seals and all.

After one mile it started pouring Trans fluid from the steering hydraulics...maybe the steering gear...maybe somewhere else. I parked it to start work and noticed a large (4awg maybe) double cable dangling from it that was sheered off during demil. Yup, it was hot with 24 volts...it is wired into the Trans relay behind the passenger seat. After taking the batteries out and the panel apart I'm trying to see if I can remove it with no harm to the truck. The kids are helping me clean out the back of all the shell casings, links, and various nuts and washers. Don want them zapped. Any ideas what it's for?

Attachments

Smoking Joe

Thank you. This seems like a really technical forum, which is great. I spent months reading threads on here deciding which way to go. A more modern version of the old gun trucks I had when in my former scout unit...with AC. The hmmwv's I had in Iraq were all 3 speed 6.2s all fiberglass. We had plate steel welded to them and sandbags in the floor for protection. The size of this turret hole is enormous in comparison.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks