• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Large military vehicle auction- Lyerly, GA

Bryan 45

Saw this auction advertised in the MVPA magazine. Very poorly put together website, but at least it does have enough pictures to generate interest. I haven't seen it shared on any of the military vehicle forums I'm on- I hesitate to share it here, because it could cause someone to pay more than they otherwise would for a truck they're interested in. But, there's a lot to go around! I can't imagine why anyone would keep so many duplicates of trucks in what appears to be non-running condition.

I wish they had individual pictures of the jeeps, but I suppose the auctioneer thinks the old worn-out tractors are worth more.

Auction

At top of page, there is a link for "auction listing" and then the pics of military vehicles are under "Gallery 3". I've also seen 10 or so HMMWVs on "proxybid" for this auction. I wish it was closer- it would be cool to crawl around in that barn.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy cow, I have seen hoarders before but none with 100,000 square foot insulated metal buildings for the collection. Nothing special about anything there other than the WWII Dodges. Scrap man will be hauling for days.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just caught my eye that I think 3 or 4 hmmwv's with field mod front C channel bumpers that must have all come from the same unit. Kind of interesting that they all were surplussed, sold, and bought together by the same person and ended up there.

Bryan 45

I would go out there but it is during the rally so that is a no go
Some auctioneers are so lazy. I'm sure it's a coincidence that this auction with a lot of MIL vehicles is the same weekend as a local Rally, but it's no coincidence that other than one ad in the MVPA magazine, and a very poorly designed website with limited pictures, there is nothing out there about this auction. (I understand the quality of many of the vehicles is questionable too)

This rubs a sore spot with me- my grandfather passed away in 1999. At the time, he had about 40 antique Ford tractors. Around 20 of them were fully restored, operational, and beautiful. Another 10 or so were good, running, original condition. The remaining were either restoration candidates or parts tractors.

None of the family did anything with them until my grandmother passed in 2019. After all, they were all now hers as his surviving spouse. Auction company is hired. Takes some pictures. Has a few print ads and a website. No ad on ANY antique tractor forum, website, facebook page, etc. Completely misses the entire collector market. Just a lazy auctioneer.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some auctioneers are so lazy. I'm sure it's a coincidence that this auction with a lot of MIL vehicles is the same weekend as a local Rally, but it's no coincidence that other than one ad in the MVPA magazine, and a very poorly designed website with limited pictures, there is nothing out there about this auction. (I understand the quality of many of the vehicles is questionable too)

This rubs a sore spot with me- my grandfather passed away in 1999. At the time, he had about 40 antique Ford tractors. Around 20 of them were fully restored, operational, and beautiful. Another 10 or so were good, running, original condition. The remaining were either restoration candidates or parts tractors.

None of the family did anything with them until my grandmother passed in 2019. After all, they were all now hers as his surviving spouse. Auction company is hired. Takes some pictures. Has a few print ads and a website. No ad on ANY antique tractor forum, website, facebook page, etc. Completely misses the entire collector market. Just a lazy auctioneer.
Very Very Sad Story

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks