• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Largest Annual MV Gathering & Swap Meet in the West, Camp Plymouth April 14-19, 2020

Major Asstyrd

Lostforwords, you just never know. Last April was our 1st gathering at Camp Plymouth and it broke all previous records for attendance, and I'm sure this years will be larger still. Last year I saw several M1008 & M1009 vehicles at the event but I didn't pay attention to see if they were for sale. But even if they don't have a for sale sign, it sure can't hurt to talk to the owner so see if he would part with his vehicle, or if he knows someone who has one for sale. Maybe our Honorable Major Asstyrd has something he would like to add to this?
Wow, first time I was called honorable. Thanks! But does that mean I can't buy an item at Camp Plymouth for $10 and put it on my table for $20?

Lostforwords, if you don't mind letting people know you are looking for one, put "wanted" posts in the appropriate SS forum and on G503.com. Say you will be at CP. You might get a lead on something far away but it could be close. Maybe the owner is planning to bring the thing to CP to putt around with a for sale sign on it. What a thing - the guy brings it for one last hurrah, putts around, drives it in the Poker Rally, delivers it to a new caretaker, and has an empty trailer for the MD Juan jeep kit he wins at the raffle!

Another way to reach MV owners is run a Wanted ad in the Military Vehicle Collectors of California monthly newsletter. It reaches over 400 people. Ads are free for members. There are other member benefits, including first chance at reserving available CP campsites and cabins, the special jeep Maxi-Kit raffle is for members only, and the nice 20+ page newsletter with among other things info about the Spring and Fall meets. The e-membership is $30 per year or $40 for getting the printed newsletter by snail mail. I have a 2016 member database and counted ten M1009/CUCV owners in the club at that time.

papakb

Tracer, if you plan on attending the Plymouth ralley you will need to go to www.mvccnews.net and download the application and get it mailed in before March 15th. Everything you want to know about the event is there on the website along with all the rates for either dry camping in the fairgrounds or RV camping in the 49er Resort. Don't dawdle, the 15th isn't that far away.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tracer, if you plan on attending the Plymouth ralley you will need to go to www.mvccnews.net and download the application and get it mailed in before March 15th. Everything you want to know about the event is there on the website along with all the rates for either dry camping in the fairgrounds or RV camping in the 49er Resort. Don't dawdle, the 15th isn't that far away.
papakb, I got all my paperwork mailed in last week, including my check to the MVCC. JoAnn Lesser has my e-mail address so incase I missed something she can get ahold of me asap.

Major Asstyrd

Not the least surprised! Be safe everyone! We can plan another day! Life with family is the most important at the moment.
Here is an announcement dated 3/13/20 from the MVCC President:

From MVCC HQ

At 9:34 pm March 13, the Board of the MVCC voted to officially cancel the Camp Plymouth Spring Meet. I spoke to the county health department this morning to see if there was any way the club could hold the meet. Unfortunately, there is none. We are working on how refunds will be processed. The jeep kit raffle will still go on, but we will relax the time the winner has to pick it up.

We are already planning the Fall Meet and hope that all who planned to go next month can make it to the Fall Meet.

More information to follow.

Thanks
MVCC President

See you all at the September Plymouth version! This is currently scheduled for Sept 15-20, 2020.

papakb

Gentlemen, The cancellation of the April event is demoralizing but understandable. Our club is aging and this virus likes to focus on seniors so we all need to be careful.

For years I've heard all the comments about folks not being able to attend the September meet because they had limited vacation time. Well, I sure don't want to hear it again this year! Let's all redirect for September 15 - 19 and make it the best show ever! Hopefully this gift from China will have run it's course by then.

Just think on a good note that you now have 5 more months to finish that project you weren't going to have completed by April 14th!

Kurt

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks