• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS swap. Who has done it?

Sth73444

I've been looking and searching for the past 2 days and can't find any threads of anyone actually swapping in an LDS into their M35. Anybody care to share their journey? If not I may just try and be the guinea pig

Sth73444

I would like to see pics and a walk threw. From past experiences I've done many conversions on many vehicles and equipment and it never seems like it's really just that easy and there is always some small and stupid that turns into a nightmare

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my LDS I used the oil pickup lines from a LD and the bellhousing. I just turned the oil pan 180 degrees, and did not have to mess with the oil pump. You will also need the power steering pump blank off cover from the LD. What can get tricky is that there were several types of front engine mounts on deuces.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No

The motors are all the same with minor bolt on differences. That plate he is talking about can be made from a piece of sheet metal. Better if you use some 3/16 but not needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks