• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS vs LDT

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it worth my time to replace my LDT-1D with a LDS? I have a turned up pump with egt gauge on my truck now, and it runs good. 95% of the time my truck is empty.

I was looking at a parts deuce, and surprise, it has a LDS in it. Some parts off the engine, air compresser, intake piping, maybe altenator, but injector pump was there. Has a rebuild tag of 85 on it. Don't have a price yet, but his prices on other parts was decent.

I have heard the LDS has oil cooled pistons, and horsepower somewhere between 180-200. No idea how much horsepower I have now, I am running 1150-1175 on the egt, pre-turbo, under load.

Also found a sweet dropside bed, thinking that is going to end up on my truck.
Dennis

Last edited:

Desert Rat

Stretch,
The only minor difference between the LDT and the LDS is a slightly larger turbo on the LDS. The fuel is turned way up but everything else is interchangeable. I asked the same question about two months ago. The blocks are identical, the cranks and so on. The only other difference is the timing because there is more air and fuel being mixed in the combustion chamber.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you've done some fuel cranking to at least 1100 deg, your pushing 200 hp now. I'd get the other truck and hold on the the engine in case you ever tank the ldt. If you look at the tag on the front pass side of you engine you'll see a rebuild tag. If it's been rebuilt espacilly if it's been rebored then it's got the oil cooled pistons. Besides you need that drop side!!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since my engine is good, I don't run the truck loaded, and I am moving, I will leave the engine for someone else. The dropside is in great shape, has a good coat of CARC on it. I also need a fender off this truck. Thanks for the info guys.
Dennis

Just realized I should have put this post on the modified forum.....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks