• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leak free CUCV

Finnegan1008

Is a leak free CUCV a possibility? Has anyone stopped all drips? If so what did it take? Before I go too crazy ripping stuff apart and re gasketing at great time and expense should I adjust my expectations?

My truck doesn’t leak a crazy amount but if I park for an hour she will definitely leave some marks.

yeah yeah yeah I know all the sayings about if she isn’t leaking she’s probably empty but I’d like to be able to park my truck in my friends nice driveways and not leave a bunch of little oil stains.

Barrman

Yes, a CUCV that doesn’t leave fluids on the ground is possible. I have several that keep their fluids inside.

If you have one making a puddle or a mark after just an hour. Figure out what the liquid is and where it is coming from. Then try to fix it.

87cr250r

There is no component that is specifically prone to leakage. Renew the old seals and use as few gaskets as possible. I built my engine using only intake manifold gaskets and a water pump gasket. Everything else got anaerobic gasket maker or RTV. Transfer case was done with anaerobic gasket maker. Transmission gets an ATP pan gasket (comes in the filter kit). Differentials get differential RTV. Pulling the carrier from the front diff is a pain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks