• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leak from bolt holding power steering pump- FUBAR

edpdx

This is the same bracket I ended up welding 8 years ago. It got dark before I could pull it tonight, but I did get eyes on and it is broken at the same tabs as before. Anyone know where I can lay my hands on one f these brackets? (P/N 14033879). 1607823224743.png

edpdx

In the picture above it’s the one on far left. I’m guessing that bolt goes into the water jacket. It secures the water pump at about the one ‘o’clock position, then passes through the p/s pump bracket at about the seven o’clock position. Coolant seems to be coming down that bolt and running down the backside of the p/s bracket. I was hoping I’d just have to reseal the bolt but then I found the broken ear at the top of the bracket.AD58D556-7C5D-4041-BB11-EDC02FB09004.jpeg

cucvrus

OK. Remove the stud and clean the threads really good. Put some liquid Teflon sealer on the threads and reinstall the bolt. fmy-1239039_2teflon.jpg Good Luck. And I think the welding of the bracket is your only option at the moment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks