• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking hydraulic cylinders

coolhandmatt

Does anyone know how to find replacement seals for the hydraulic rams. I found P/N 9C03058 in the 24P-2 manual but I don't know where to get it. These look like case rams but the part number doesn't look like any matches looking online. Ideas?? (These are the front loader arms I'm rebuilding) Thanks

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can go the P/N routine, ie, through the mfg. -OR- Another way is that hydraulic cylinders & the way they are sealed is often fundamental. Take it to a shop that specializes in hydraulics. Do you know why it leaks -- around the rod, the piston? Take it apart & take the rod with the piston still attached to a shop. If the cylinder is not scored, they can fix the rest of it. Or just take the whole cylinder, if that is doable - if your not set up for hydraulics, they can be messey.

coolhandmatt

Unfortunately I don't have any hydraulic shops where I'm at and everything needs to be shipped in. It makes me self sufficient. I found the NSN number for it as well but thought someone may have a SEE-hack noting you can buy it from Case or whoever made the cylinder. As for now I emailed a couple of the NSN parts houses and seeing if I can get the rebuild kit from them. Thanks for the input.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The number for the cylinder should be on the end cap. It was on my hemett cylinder you have to wire brush the paint off until you find them

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The loader may be a Schmidt FL-4 model. If you search on that model number (there is lots of info) and confirm it is what you have, then you can be that much closer to getting parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks