• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking oil cooler lines??

455SD

I would assume this is a common problem.

What is the best way to go about fixing it? New lines or something easier?

Got a new oil pan on. One leak at a time and before too long all the oil will be in the engine! :D

JohnFire

I had the same thing. Get a price first cause the place my mechanic used was a bit high. I want to say that it was $90 for the 2 lines using the original connections. My mechanic used to give them lots of business, and now he said they will get none.

455SD

Well, I'm very happy to report that it looks like the front and rear main seals are leaking too.

Are 6.2s designed to leak oil from everywhere?? I really hate big, oily messes.

JohnFire

well when you figure all of our seals are over 20 years old. Mine leaks from the rear of the head gasket, but not enough that my mechanic is worried about it this year. We can look at it like the Marine helicopter crew said to me in Kuwait about all the leaks in their aircraft. "when they stop leaking, then we worry"

m4A1

JohnFire said:
well when you figure all of our seals are over 20 years old. Mine leaks from the rear of the head gasket, but not enough that my mechanic is worried about it this year. We can look at it like the Marine helicopter crew said to me in Kuwait about all the leaks in their aircraft. "when they stop leaking, then we worry"
["when they stop leaking, then we worry"]

I like that!

AJMBLAZER

I heard that one too...

...while sitting in a Marine CH-46F Frog watching the rear transmission leak out of the ceiling...

Ditto on the 20+ year old seals. That and GM/Detroit Diesel didn't use the best designed seals on the main seals. There's better aftermarket ones now. It's a known flaw in the design. Mine leaks out of both front and rear but I figure the same as above. Keep the level up and do something about it when I need to do something with the engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks