• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED headlight upgrade

downhillbiker

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread, but I have searched with no real clarity found.

Are all 7" housings/bulbs the same? I want to swap out some led bulbs into the stock housings, but who do I know if they will fit?

Also, are the stock headlights 24v or 12v? If they are 24v I will just have to run them through a transformer, no big deal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

RichDane

For the short time I have been part of this forum, I haveread MOST EVERYONE'S knowledgeable input on numerous topics so I am going to hopefully pick everyone's brain on this one.

My wife bought me new LED headlights for my 1986 M998. They, according to the seller, were compatible with a Humvee installation.

My current stock headlights work fine as expected, My issue is that when I installed the led headlights (three prong installation) my low beam work fine, at +24 volts on the meter, however when I hit the high beam switch, no only do my high beams NOT come on but the low beams go out as well. In this particular application at high beam settings, both lower and high should be on simultaneously.....When putting the meter on the high beam setting, my meter shows a Negative 24volt read out????? , I replaced the stock lights and everything works fine....Where am I going wrong or what can I do to fix this issue. I am a jack of all trades here but my 24 volt understanding is limited....Thank you for any guidance you may have to share on this subject.

Rich (Richdane)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks