• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED Indicator Light for Glow Plug Push Button - Which Wire?

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm installing a manual momentary push button to fire the glow plugs in case the card gets fried. I also want to add a dash-mounted LED to indicate when power is actually being delivered to the glow plugs. I have read all the posts in the sticky regarding such an LED, however there is no reference to which wire coming out of the card should activate the LED. Has anybody done this? If so, which wire should the LED be powered from?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm installing a manual momentary push button to fire the glow plugs in case the card gets fried. I also want to add a dash-mounted LED to indicate when power is actually being delivered to the glow plugs. I have read all the posts in the sticky regarding such an LED, however there is no reference to which wire coming out of the card should activate the LED. Has anybody done this? If so, which wire should the LED be powered from?
I watched a video on youtube not long ago about what wire did what but can't find it!! Anyhow,,,pop a test light on the wires coming out of the card and turn on the ig switch and find the one that goes off with the light on the dash...probably the quickest way to find it without knowing.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched a video on youtube not long ago about what wire did what but can't find it!! Anyhow,,,pop a test light on the wires coming out of the card and turn on the ig switch and find the one that goes off with the light on the dash...probably the quickest way to find it without knowing.
Thanks for your post. But I was hoping someone else had done this and could simply provide the wire information. I currently have my batteries out and dash apart, so turning on the ignition switch to find the power is not an option.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found this nice diagram in the Helpful Threads but it was a jpeg file, which is sometimes difficult to print on certain printers. I converted it to a PDF to make it easier for anyone who would like to download it.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to tim292stro for providing the information that the orange wire at the glow plug card is the wire which senses voltage to the glow plugs. Therefore the orange wire should be the source wire to an LED indicator.

Thanks again to
tim292stro !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks