• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Led lights

walkerbzz11

I'm gonna try out some led lights in the M1008. Brakes, marker, turn signals and reverse for now. I understand I'll need a new flasher. Does anyone know of the right one to buy? Thanks.

walkerbzz11

Pull your flasher out of the fuse block. Take it in the store and show the parts guy. Tell him "I need an LED compatible one of these". Throw the old one away after you verify the new one works. Viola!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
So far the parts guy is dumber than me. They look at me like I'm crazy. I'll keep after it though. Thanks.

Jeepadict

So far the parts guy is dumber than me. They look at me like I'm crazy. I'll keep after it though. Thanks.
Dunno where you're going, but it sounds like you need to go to a better parts store! Napa or Carquest are my go-to places. Vatozone is not my vibe at all...I need guys behind the counter that don't ask if it's 4wd for lightbulbs.

Jeepadict

My rudimentary Googling skills say this has a high probability based on a single pic. If nothing else, it's a visual representation of something that resembles what you want.

Keep It Clean 10853 Flasher No Load Fixed Flasher https://a.co/d/2tsYJnx

Finnegan1008

I was able to replace everything in my taillights with LED's and use the stock flasher. I'm still running regular bulbs upfront for now.

I would NOT recommend the LED bulbs from Holley for the brake lights, the brightness difference between regular running lights and the brake lights was not enough. In other words the brake lights were not very attention grabbing with the running lights on.

I found this style to be superior

1708443676689.png

Also I could not get the no load flasher I got on amazon to work, even when reversing the polarities. I don't know if it is typical to need to try multiple flashers but I got frustrated with it and just settled on my original flasher and only doing the back lights

walkerbzz11

I was able to replace everything in my taillights with LED's and use the stock flasher. I'm still running regular bulbs upfront for now.

I would NOT recommend the LED bulbs from Holley for the brake lights, the brightness difference between regular running lights and the brake lights was not enough. In other words the brake lights were not very attention grabbing with the running lights on.

I found this style to be superior

View attachment 917091

Also I could not get the no load flasher I got on amazon to work, even when reversing the polarities. I don't know if it is typical to need to try multiple flashers but I got frustrated with it and just settled on my original flasher and only doing the back lights
My local Napa says these will work but we'll see.

Screenshot_20240219-171651.png

Finnegan1008

Ok. Some say it does. When I get a chance I will try. How do you reverse the polarity on these?
If you don’t want to rewire your fuse block, you make little jumper wires to revers the polarities and double stick tape the flasher can somewhere. I personally didn’t like either scenario so I’m still using the stock flasher.

walkerbzz11

If you don’t want to rewire your fuse block, you make little jumper wires to revers the polarities and double stick tape the flasher can somewhere. I personally didn’t like either scenario so I’m still using the stock flasher.
Well, it looks like you're gonna need 2 of those flashers that are in my last picture. One for the hazards and one for the turn signals with reverse polarity. I grounded the hazard flasher in that 6 prong ground by the E- brake and the turn signal flasher in the firewall. There's a little hanger to secure some wires close by. I just unscrewed that, shined it up and screwed it back down with the flasher ground wire in there with it. Shining good. You might can see it from your place. 😁

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks