• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leece neville alternator wriring

als804

These days i am considering install high power inverter on m1008. So 500ah additional batteries will be needed.
But the alternator is the only problem I can’t solve.
Here some one sells 24v 200a leece Neville alternator at cheap price. But I couldn’t find its wiring

I guess the below alternator is leece nevile alternator for US armed car.
someone says this is external alternator and output dual voltages 12v,24v

but i need 24v output. How can i wire it?

E4B0CB3F-98BA-4CD9-A03E-9BFADE26AD30.jpeg
3A47C88F-B180-4B74-B5C6-E30604C043AF.jpeg

Skinny

Probably needs an external voltage regulator. Get onto Leece Neville or what is now Prestolite website and find the model. There should be a parts list and wiring diagram.

My suggestion is probably scrap it and find something new that is supported. Think common over the road unit.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Keith_J

Definitely needs an external regulator plus the connector. Probably needs a larger crankshaft pulley to drive it at enough speed to obtain rated output.
Getting 100 amps at 12 volts from a single 3/8" v belt is about the limit of power transmission. That unit uses two belts, each one 1/2". Or a wide multi groove serpentine with 180° of wrap.

als804

Oh. Thanks for both relplies. External regulator is hard to find here. And the belt also would be problem. Will do another plan. I wil just install an normal alternator 24v100A without changing stock setup. Because after looking at belts there is one more belt groove not used. Thanks!

Skinny

Jam a pair of 555JHO's in series. Plenty of power and both 12/24 capability for a fraction of the price of most other options.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks