• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leesburg GA Christmas Parade including my New Truck

sandcobra164

Looking to see if I can get anymore entries. I've got to turn it in by the 22nd of November. So far we have 1 M1028 CUCV truck, 1 M35A2 under it's own power, 1 M1151 4 door "mock" armored HMMWV (looks real, doors are thinner), 1 M1089A2P1 (new, 675 miles, with LTAS cab) Wrecker, 1 M35A2 being lift towed by the Wrecker (my Deuce runs and drives fine, My son wants to see me operate my "tow truck" as intended) and a M923 sitting on fresh 14.00's. The parade route itself is pretty short but we spend about an hour in a parking lot and that time is more like a car show. I had a blast last year and so did my friends and family. It's really neat to see my little hometown produce such a nice turnout. We're going from 3 trucks last year to 6 trucks this year. The number's may get better if anyone close would like to come out for a day. We go to a fantastic BBQ joint afterwards!!!

sandcobra164

Turned in my entry, looking like I'm doing this one with the "Leesburg Det" of Camo. I know I've seen other Deuces and such nearby but I guess they don't play on this site. I've got one change though. There won't be a towed Deuce, a friend of mine bought one the other day and he would like to drive his truck and I'm limited to the 6 trucks I entered. He can drive his truck, my Deuce will sit in the front yard.

sandcobra164

Awesome time today. For the GA Rally crowd, can you identify the 4 people in front of the M923? I'll give them thanks once my "extended family" calls them out by name or screen name. And no, identifying me doesn't count because alot of ya'll know me. It was a great event. I've very happy that my new wrecker got to participate in the parade and the only casualty was an inner axle seal on the right front of the 5 ton. Well, that stuff happens and we'll get that fixed too. Perhaps I can get wreckerman over to flip the drum and hub around a few times to remind him why he hates 5 tons yet he owns one. A big thanks to those 3 guys in that one picture who helped me out. Today was the most fun I've had on a "Family Day" Drill weekend and the 3 other Soldiers appreciated ya'lls company as well. The shorter guy who is my right hand man in the Wrecker said that ya'll are a unique group but he loved seeing how we hold a special place in our hearts for these trucks and how we'd do anything in our power to help each other out. I told him, "amazing that other people collect this stuff like myself and we get together pretty frequently" and he said "crazy people tend to find one another". Today was a shining example of why I love the effort the Steel Soldiers folks put in. If not for this site, I may have never stumbled across the others that I've grown to lean on and respect and I pay it forward every chance I get.

Attachments

sandcobra164

And in case anyone was wondering, yes I did speak to Adam (Ferro) about naming my truck "Becka Tha Wrecka" and he said that would be fine. It sounded like such a cool name and I can't believe it's still on after 3 months. The Army frowns on stenciling names on homestation trucks and the regs sometimes get relaxed overseas. It looks to me like it was meant to be on there.

godawgsdv8

Really enjoyed today. Can't wait to do it again. My wife asked, " Isn't there another parade soon?" I said no that I know of, she looked sad. I'm glad I one of the crazies, I love my truck.

Southmag

Awesome time today. For the GA Rally crowd, can you identify the 4 people in front of the M923? I'll give them thanks once my "extended family" calls them out by name or screen name. And no, identifying me doesn't count because alot of ya'll know me. It was a great event. I've very happy that my new wrecker got to participate in the parade and the only casualty was an inner axle seal on the right front of the 5 ton. Well, that stuff happens and we'll get that fixed too. Perhaps I can get wreckerman over to flip the drum and hub around a few times to remind him why he hates 5 tons yet he owns one. A big thanks to those 3 guys in that one picture who helped me out. Today was the most fun I've had on a "Family Day" Drill weekend and the 3 other Soldiers appreciated ya'lls company as well. The shorter guy who is my right hand man in the Wrecker said that ya'll are a unique group but he loved seeing how we hold a special place in our hearts for these trucks and how we'd do anything in our power to help each other out. I told him, "amazing that other people collect this stuff like myself and we get together pretty frequently" and he said "crazy people tend to find one another". Today was a shining example of why I love the effort the Steel Soldiers folks put in. If not for this site, I may have never stumbled across the others that I've grown to lean on and respect and I pay it forward every chance I get.
I’m down in Albany- saw your post late - will catch you next time- would like to meet the owner of the M1151 - if you could make that happen- I just purchase one and would appreciate their input - thanks

sandcobra164

Southmag, the M1151 in these pictures as well as the M1089A1P2 belonged to my National Guard unit. They were nice enough to lend them to me for the parade. If you'd like to participate in this year's, it's next weekend on December 4th. Meeting place is the student parking lot at Lee County High School around 0900.

sandcobra164

Pictures from 12-4-2021. Updating this thread rather than starting a new one. Everyone had a great time and we experienced a great turnout in town.

Attachments

sandcobra164

Chamber of Commerce posted some pictures on FB. This was my lineup. My Wife leads with the CUCV and I bring up the rear with my M923.

Attachments

Southmag

Southmag, the M1151 in these pictures as well as the M1089A1P2 belonged to my National Guard unit. They were nice enough to lend them to me for the parade. If you'd like to participate in this year's, it's next weekend on December 4th. Meeting place is the student parking lot at Lee County High School around 0900.
Sorry I could not make it this year. I have a 99 Hummer now, but will have the M1151 next year so hopefully can participate then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks