• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lenders for HMMWV purchase?

majorhavoc67

If you gotta get a loan, you cant afford the maintenance.. My 2cents..

Pay cash for it then start racking up all your credit cards on maintenanvce.. 👍👍👍
Thank you for the advice. I have $10k saved up and don't keep a credit card. I wanted to get a loan for an additional $5-$7k to help build my credit score. I've also collected a fair amount of spare parts over the last several years for the maintenance.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A truck you buy for $7500 will colts $11-$12,000 after paying for auction fees and transport.
after buying a few hundred trucks, I’m pretty well versed in how it works…your assume the price is $7500, plenty of R1 trucks for under$6k, you don’t know where the OP lives and where he buys the truck from,Yermo and Albany aren’t the only yards now and you dont know if he owns his own trailer and can pick it up….thats alot of assumptions

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bottom line is do your homework. Pictures are nice but not the same as laying hands on it. Plan to physically visit the depot before bidding. Self-pickup is better than arranging shipping, and be prepared to have to do A LOT of routine maintenance before trusting it.
BDGR

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bottom line is do your homework. Pictures are nice but not the same as laying hands on it. Plan to physically visit the depot before bidding. Self-pickup is better than arranging shipping, and be prepared to have to do A LOT of routine maintenance before trusting it.
BDGR

That's why I was sad when they closed the WPAFB site. Turn right out of my driveway straight past the National Museum of the United States Air Force and a right turn and it was there on the left.

Hummer Guy

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks