• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Let us not forget our fellow MV fliers..

deuceaid

Banned
MV,,,,, military vehicle........

so including everyone means showing up for Air Support!!!!.

this is a non- branch posting,,,, cause I have friends/family in all 5 ( yes 5) branches of the service....

but this weekend I would like to thank people that make noise like THIS...( National Anthem was sang around 1:25)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ps7YrcG1Dk[/media]
and you might find some of that near hemet this weekend,,

not to mention that the storming of Normandy anniversary was the other day,,, and I still have not walked up to that house( a Normandy survivior ,,in calimesa CA,,,,knocked and given thanks.... )... on 5th st.my bad

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
And not even all of them were in the air. . . .

How many P-51's were there?
thats why I was looking for TheRecorders backup........well in the air,,I dont know,,, but at the very least the flyinh hoarseme were there,,,and there was a static cutaway 51 closer to the c47,,closer than to the c17

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not radials, they were supercharged V-12's. A sound of there very own. Awesome.
DrGreg:
Good catch, I missed that on the first reading.

Still, they are an awesome aircraft of legendary achievement.

Yet, having entered my teen years back when MAZDA was exploiting the WANKEL ROTARY ENGINE (quite a different powerplant than the RADIAL PISTON ENGINE) my mind often gets a "flash-back" to the good ol' WANKEL. (It ws also employed - experimentally - to aircraft applications.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BCgl2uumlI

While the RADIALS and the V-12's ROARED, the ROTARY WANKLE only HUMMED.

The "R" in the Mazda "RX" series cars originally designated the ROTARY powerplant.

The Wankels had a very impressive power-to-weight ratio and really COULD have been successful aviation engines if major manufacturers hadn't rejected the licensing fees required to be paid to Mr. Wankel.

SORRY for the little Thread Hijack there.....

CARRY ON !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks