• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift Pump Lever Force

sagmill

I picked up a lift pump for my M1008 from Amazon. It looks pretty good but with no markings I'll bet its Chinese. I tried to squeeze the lever by hand and its impossible to move. Does it really have that much force?

cucvrus

OK> This is tricky. The pumping action should take place on the slightest depression of the lever. The lever only has a 1/2" to 3/4" working action at the end. If you must depress it farther to get suction it is the wrong pump. Post a picture.
https://www.autozone.com/external-engine/fuel-pump/delphi-diesel-fuel-pump-chfp906/489890_5399_22758 this is the correct pump. Spring on top of lever when looking into inner housing.

https://www.autozone.com/external-engine/fuel-pump/delphi-diesel-fuel-pump-amf0030/340221_0_2391 this is the incorrect pump. Spring is on bottom of lever when looking into inner housing. Both listed to fit. The pumping action is too deep in the depression cycle of the fuel arm. I hope that helps. Both are listed to fit a 6.2 and only 1 does. IDK why. Been there done that. Had the conversation with the Delphi representative a few years back. It will fit but will not pump fuel. Good Luck. I hope that helps.

sagmill

OK> This is tricky. The pumping action should take place on the slightest depression of the lever. The lever only has a 1/2" to 3/4" working action at the end. If you must depress it farther to get suction it is the wrong pump. Post a picture.
https://www.autozone.com/external-engine/fuel-pump/delphi-diesel-fuel-pump-chfp906/489890_5399_22758 this is the correct pump. Spring on top of lever when looking into inner housing.

https://www.autozone.com/external-engine/fuel-pump/delphi-diesel-fuel-pump-amf0030/340221_0_2391 this is the incorrect pump. Spring is on bottom of lever when looking into inner housing. Both listed to fit. The pumping action is too deep in the depression cycle of the fuel arm. I hope that helps. Both are listed to fit a 6.2 and only 1 does. IDK why. Been there done that. Had the conversation with the Delphi representative a few years back. It will fit but will not pump fuel. Good Luck. I hope that helps.
The pump is the first one. The Autozone one does not have a vent.....is that needed?

cucvrus

Cup the pump in one hand and depress the lever with the palm of the other hand. The lever will create a suction immediately upon depression. The wrong pump will have a bit of free play. If yours is tight immediately I would say all is well. Internal spring on top of lever and you are golden. I don't care if it's made in Katmandu. If it fits and pumps fuel use it. I have Chinese diesel engines on a few pieces of equipment that run great and have been in use for 10 years. like anything. Maintained and used not abused and they work fine. They are dead copies of my Yanmar diesel engines. All parts interchange. Good Luck. Post a picture if you would. Please.

cucvrus

The pump is the first one. The Autozone one does not have a vent.....is that needed?
I think the vent is on the back side and they don't show that side. All is well. They work so they must have vents. The vents are the weep hole to tell when the pump diaphragm is failing.

sagmill

Yes. Very heavy spring inside to prevent the valve from "floating" when at higher RPM's.
Thanks guys. I mean this spring is so strong Im surprised whatever eccentric it runs on does not wear out
Cup the pump in one hand and depress the lever with the palm of the other hand. The lever will create a suction immediately upon depression. The wrong pump will have a bit of free play. If yours is tight immediately I would say all is well. Internal spring on top of lever and you are golden. I don't care if it's made in Katmandu. If it fits and pumps fuel use it. I have Chinese diesel engines on a few pieces of equipment that run great and have been in use for 10 years. like anything. Maintained and used not abused and they work fine. They are dead copies of my Yanmar diesel engines. All parts interchange. Good Luck. Post a picture if you would. Please.
Here are some pictures. I can get the lever to move if I put it on the floor and push with all my body weight and might. Man, that seems a lot.

Attachments

cucvrus

CUCV fuel pump does NOT have the vent. I am sure it would work if you need it. Put a cap plug on the vent. HMMWV has a similar pump. Good Luck. If it were me I would get the correct pump. And it was made in China. Hopefully Mainland. Be Safe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks