• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift pump not working correctly

scrapman1971

My lift pump in the tank runs full stream for a second or two then you can hear the pump lose rpms and stop pumping or just pump a dribble. You can still hear it turning. It does the same thing when i take it out of the tank and test it. I am assuming it needs replaced? Screens are clean and the fuel line on the pump is good. Also what size hose should be coming out of the top of the tank? Mine is a 3/8 barb fitting. Should that be 1/2 inch line like the hose inside the tank on the pump? Truck starts hard and only with the pedal all the way down. I'm new to military trucks and diesels. Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks