• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lifted M35a2 6x6

rccollin

Any M35a2 6x6's out there lifted. I know 395's are as big of a tire that they can run on the rear, but they tend to get stuffed up into the bed, and the extra room could definitely be used up front. I know it can be done. Just wondering if anyone on here has. WITHOUT SWITCHING TO 5 TON AXLES!

welldigger

5 ton axles have nothing to do with lifting a deuce.

What you are asking about has been done. Matter of fact the truck I'm thinking of had 16.00 tires on it in 6x6 form. It was not an easy feat. I'm not sure what all was involved but I do remember custom lengthed dogbones.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with blackrock fab in P.A.. I believe he makes a kit to do a 8 inch lift. He does some nice custom stuff.

blackrock

Thanks digger 09 for the call. We only make a bobbed lift kit at the moment, just havbt had the time to design a full 6x6 lift with keeping dual axles. Thanks kyle

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The 395s are as large as you can go stock, because of the space between the axles(not needing a lift). I know one member here that spaced out the rear axle and put 1400s on, but I can only think of maybe hotroddeuce that did 1600s. I don't know what he did to fit them though.

gimpyrobb

MIne don't rub too bad. What tires are you running? I've run XMLs and right now I've got XZLs. I like the XZL better.

welldigger

I'm not looking to run bigger tires. I just want more room for them to travel without rubbing.
Building a lift for a 6x6 truck that will maintain a decent amount of suspension articulation would be an interesting feat.

I guess you could lift the rear tandems by seperating the center trunion from the chassis and adding some kind of lift block there. Then the front could be lifted like a bobber would be lifted.

I don't know how functional that would or wouldn't be.

gimpyrobb

NIce, are those re-centered 5ton rims? The XML is great for mudding but mine didn't wear that great on the road. Do you have issues rubbing up front, or just in the rear? I would think thicker wood gaskets between the bed and the frame would cure any rubbing in the rear.

rccollin

NIce, are those re-centered 5ton rims? The XML is great for mudding but mine didn't wear that great on the road. Do you have issues rubbing up front, or just in the rear? I would think thicker wood gaskets between the bed and the frame would cure any rubbing in the rear.
Yeah they are FMTV wheels with 6 lug centers. They do rub up front on the vents in the wheel well when flexing. I'm switching to PLS trailer wheels as soon as they get delivered. Less back spacing. I will see how much that helps.

gimpyrobb

It helps a lot. I ran my first set of 395s on stock rims. They rubbed the steering arm and the vents in the fenders. When I swapped to Hemtt rims, the rubbing went away,

welldigger

With a a3 wheels my 395s do not rub at all. I have not flexed the axles enough to see if they hit the bed or front fenders at full articulation but having the correct offset makes a big difference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks