• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Liftgate

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
one off an freightliner or international box truck like ryder or enterprise has would work. or off a semi. pretty costly though. i would look for a way to mount an crane back there.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ummm. Some of them have 5 ft decks. You just have to find the right ones. Did you check the tommy gate height specs? Or you would have to find one off a M935 but good luck with that. I have only ever seen one. A member here had it.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry but as per rules your location needs correcting. I have a military 5 ton expandable truck with a lift gate if it is correct we might make a deal. Believe it can be removed one way or another. The trucks are 60 miles from my home and next time I go there I could take some pics.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries I don't do that thing myself most of the time it's the Mods. I just wanted to see how far you were from me and now I know.
A hop, skip and a jump.:driver:

pontiac62

You could look for a M820a2 take one off that then resell the truck. Probably easiest find a lift dealer near you.

Last month I seen a deuce set up with a lift on it the guy wanted 9k for it. Not seen it since. Sorry no pics.

This was in a recent auction. IMG_1996.JPG

Looks more of a lift platform than a tailgate lift but I’m sure the military truck gurus on here could elaborate on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

coachgeo

seen used lift gates for sale on craigslist for 300-500 bucks. some take up a chunk of real estate behind the wheels and below bed and may really limit rear clearances in offroad usage
c

coachgeo

one could scavange something like this for parts to build a custom set up.... or just customize it as is. Haul it by temporary fixing of forks to bed? and with pressure released on cylinder and via a 12v atv winch mounted at top of lifts frame pull the whole unit up to fork height. Kind of like forklifts that mount themselves to back of big rig trucks hauling roofing material and the likes.

https://www.coolerdepotusa.com/products/details?product_id=100523

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=k5Do2h3uX3g

Have considered doing similar concept as described above with a motorcycle lift.

ps- what is imbed video commands in here such as [vid] blah blah url [/vid]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks