• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMC Truck Head light circuit mod questions

Keith_J

H4 LED conversion was why I went with Rampage H4 housings. They came with H4s so it was under $80..
They are so good I have not looked for the best H4 LEDs. They offer excellent low beam illumination for off road with no dark spots on high beam.
I guess I should take pictures.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're in an area that gets any snow, you'll want heated lenses. Very few aftermarket LED headlights have heated lenses, and they otherwise don't produce enough heat to melt snow/ice.

I got projector LED headlights, and they're amazing... before the truck got wrecked...

These pics were taken during the day, just before dusk.... you can see there's plenty of light out still... Keep that in mind.

First pic is comparing the factory headlight vs the LED replacement...

69902411_10219630683332852_4972389745746247680_o.jpg

Next pic is of the LED vs factory, beam pattern.. You can see the tiny hot spot that is the factory bulb on the left hand side, but the one LED on the right pretty much covers up the entire area in front of the truck, washing out the factory halogen bulb.

70781738_10219630738814239_6597660088435998720_o.jpg

And with both LED.... You'll notice a sharp cutoff line... Indicating that your light is staying on the road, and not blinding people.

70685738_10219630744494381_4807633241198559232_o.jpg

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Working LED temperature (OEM or aftermarket) is ca 75C (165F?), so no additional heating needed.
Emitter, yes. NOT housing, which has cooling/heatsinks.

I can tell you that my headlights were not even warm after driving with them on all day... and my previous pair (not the ones I linked to) DID get coated with snow/ice during a moderate downfall, which had me stopping every couple miles to clear them.

chevymike

JW Speaker makes an awesome set of LED lights with heaters built in. I have the Evo 2 version without the heater in my Cherokee and these light rock. Will be getting a set of heated ones for my M1010.

Amazon

cucvrus

I had 4 sets of the Truck lite and I plowed snow and live in snow country. I never had any ice issues with the Truck lite LED headlamps. That Speaker light you have pictured would look horrible on a CUCV. I think any of them multi LED headlamps look bad on old trucks. That Truck lite was nice looking and worked well. I never had any fail after years of use. I used them on my off road M1009 and they worked great. I sold my M1009 Mule with the LED Truck lite and the owner likes them also. They are great lights for the money. Good things cost more and these LED Truck lites are built well. I never had any condensation in the lenses. Good Luck. This is just my opinion on looks. I am just sharing my experience and opinion.

Salty dog

I installed the harness yesterday, very easy to do could not believe how much brighter the lights are. Still thinking about doing the LED upgrade my vision at night is not what it used to be.

chevymike

I had 4 sets of the Truck lite and I plowed snow and live in snow country. I never had any ice issues with the Truck lite LED headlamps. That Speaker light you have pictured would look horrible on a CUCV. I think any of them multi LED headlamps look bad on old trucks. That Truck lite was nice looking and worked well. I never had any fail after years of use. I used them on my off road M1009 and they worked great. I sold my M1009 Mule with the LED Truck lite and the owner likes them also. They are great lights for the money. Good things cost more and these LED Truck lites are built well. I never had any condensation in the lenses. Good Luck. This is just my opinion on looks. I am just sharing my experience and opinion.
In the case of lighting, I am a function over form person. I did a TON of research on aftermarket LED lighting, from cheap China ones, H4 LED conversions bulbs, TruckLites, JW Speaker and everything in between. In a number of tests I found on LED lighting, the JW Speaker ones were hands down the winner, with TruckLite in the top rankings. Trust me, I didn't want to spend a crap ton of money on LED lights and even tried a set of China ones that everyone seemed to rave about. Had them in one night and returned them. Ponied up the coin for the JW Speaker ones and have never thought about the cost again. They have worked so good, I have not even considered adding additional lighting to the front of my Cherokee. I don't need them, so though these were expensive, if you factor in I didn't buy any other additional lights, I broke even or even ahead in total cost.

That said, if I was looking to save a little money or looks was more important then the absolute best lights, TruckLites would be my next choice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks