• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV AC Air Conditioner Gen 2 Duck Bill drain replace

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
image.jpg
So this it what’s left of my duck bill drain on my Gen 2 air conditioner…..does anyone have a source for anything that could replace it?

Guruman

Not so new member
Good luck. I looked and looked for these, and found nothing that worked. I bought a bunch of different sizes kind of blindly, and none of them were even close.

When it came time to install my gen2 unit, I found the missing drain inside the case. I got lucky I guess.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
4710-01-574-3832

Red Dot #RD-5-1194-0M

I would call Red Dot. They have been the only supplier to the military for that particular part since it was assigned a NIIN in 1999. Guessing they have them specially made for their specific application because I can't find anything like it in the industrial markets.

Here's one supplier I found that says it's $1.24 - minimum order of 100 units though:

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for that info. So $75.00 each my cost LOL!!!
I wonder if one of the military surplus suppliers would be interested in buying a 100 then selling them to us for $$$. It would still be expensive but not as expensive. Just saying.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for that info. So $75.00 each my cost LOL!!!
I wonder if one of the military surplus suppliers would be interested in buying a 100 then selling them to us for $$$. It would still be expensive but not as expensive. Just saying.
Perhaps. You might call Red Dot and see if they have some and would sell smaller quantities. They are in WA state and pretty helpful from what I have heard.

coachgeo

epoxy/braze orr?? a piece of sheet metal over where duck bill goes. Order largest duck bill you can find and drill the washer out to mount it.... or two duck bills that together would equal the apporx volume of the Red Dot one.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
epoxy/braze orr?? a piece of sheet metal over where duck bill goes. Order largest duck bill you can find and drill the washer out to mount it.... or two duck bills that together would equal the apporx volume of the Red Dot one.
There's two so the system can drain when it's not on a level surface.

Rather than make it more complex than it needs to be - why not reach out to Red Dot first and ask them?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks