• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV CTIS UPGRADE

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dana will be releasing a new CTIS Wheel Valve design that will be compatible with the LMTV systems. The valve will only be sold to OEM for current production. However if there is enough interest we could market a rebuild kit. The advantage of the replacements parts is a new diaphragm that will perform to -35 deg F. and last much longer. The new design is also impervious to water and moisture. Please let me know your interest in this kit and what a fair price point might be. The kit would include the following: New vented lid w/4 screws, new diaphragm, new spring, and a small bracket to protect the lid vent. As this would be purchased through a dealer I could be $100 per valve retail.
I would be interested, hopefully less then $100 each but that's not necessarily a deal breaker.

Stellaevil

Dana will be releasing a new CTIS Wheel Valve design that will be compatible with the LMTV systems. The valve will only be sold to OEM for current production. However if there is enough interest we could market a rebuild kit. The advantage of the replacements parts is a new diaphragm that will perform to -35 deg F. and last much longer. The new design is also impervious to water and moisture. Please let me know your interest in this kit and what a fair price point might be. The kit would include the following: New vented lid w/4 screws, new diaphragm, new spring, and a small bracket to protect the lid vent. As this would be purchased through a dealer.
The kit is now in the Dana Aftermarket system but they will need to see orders before they will build and stock them. Unfortunately I do not have the SRP yet. The kit includes a new diaphragm that will not fail in the cold or cause corrosion. This includes a vented cover and protective bracket for proper function, and 4 new screws. PN 505295

Take care when removing the screws as they can snap off flush with the body.
Don't use a power driver.
Tap a socket head to shock the screw.
Penetrating oil.
Slight heat at the screw location.

Clean any rust on the seat with a scotch pad.

Stellaevil

There is now a CTIS Wheel valve rebuild kit that will be sold through Dana Aftermarket but they will need to see orders before they will build and stock them. Unfortunately I do not have the SRP yet. The kit includes a new diaphragm that will not fail in the cold or cause corrosion. It also includes a new vented cover and protective bracket for proper function, plus 4 new screws. Kit PN: 505295
Any year any model LMTV plus Navistar and Textron Wheel Valves (will not fit BMY).

Take care when removing the screws as they can snap off flush with the body.
Don't use a power driver.
Tap a socket head to shock the screw.
Penetrating oil.
Slight heat at the screw location.

Clean any rust on the seat with a scotch pad.

Stellaevil

Can anyone purchase from the Dana after market or do we have to purchase from a distributor?
This is a good question. The selling entity would need to have an account set up with Dana Crossville Aftermarket the same as a truck parts distributer. I do know that every hand that touches a part increases the cost so maybe someone on this site has access to an account.

Stellaevil

National Stock Number (NSN), or National Item Identification Number (NIIN) are the government part numbers that are issued to make the parts available in the system to the military branches and government agencies.
Right forgot. If Depo's or DLA buy the kits I am sure they issue a number but it is too early yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks