• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Flasher Problems

CMRobots

Hey everyone. I have a 1998 LMTV m1078 with a 3116 Cat. I believe that is the A0. I am having problems with the flasher working (hazards, turn signal). I have had sporadic problems with it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I am going to replace the flasher from underneath the fuse box on the passenger side dash even though I don't believe this to be the cause, I am also going to clean the turn signal switch on the column and check to make sure all if it's connections are intact. I checked the breakers and relays relating to light/flasher function and they seem fine, a little old and possibly lightly corroded but fine.

Does anyone have thoughts on what else I can try? I haven't checked the TMs yet, I will shortly.

MrMikey4026

Did you know you can replace the expensive military flasher unit with an automotive (Napa) 2 terminal 12 volt flasher unit for about 10$?
If you have LED lighting you would need to get one made for LED lighting.

mauinate

Thanks guys. Wheel spinner can you pm me prices please? Thanks geo. I’m having all sorts of strange issues. Brake lights come on with ignition all the time. Tail lights work when ignition not on, left signal gets bright right, right signal gets bright right. Etc etc etc.

Any ideas? I pulled the plug behind the dash and checked continuity on the stall per the tm. No continuity between 2/3 and 6 when the stall in the appropriate spot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks