• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV M1088 how to prime fuel

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there one? I ran mine out of fuel once and used the primer button on top of the water separator housing to prime it. Worked fine.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It says on the primer "open vent to prime" I was looking for the vent. There should be a bolt or thumbscrew to open somewhere for bleeding.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh gotcha. I didn't have the manual handy when it happened to me, so I just kept pumping that button until you could tell it was pumping up the fuel, pumped it some more, then fired it up. It was a little hard to start and had to work the throttle to keep it running, but it smoothed out pretty fast.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Know it has been awhile and you got it figured out but the bleed screw/bolt is on top of the secondary filter. In most cases we would change both filters at the same time. Then that way we would be clearing out the air in both filters at the same time.

Attachments

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The system does recirculate itself. You can pump the hand primer and crank and few times and pump again and it will purge air thru the return I believe. I have done this several times without having to open a line or bolt.

sargentwolf

The vent is on top of the SECONDARY filter? Is it marked in any way or is it obvious which one it is?

That explains why I pumped the prime for an hour with the water drain open and never got a prime...Whoops.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The IP probably bypasses back to the tank. I primed my truck without opening a vent (didn't know about it yet) but will use the vent next time. I left the filters slightly loose until pumped full. For reference, it took about 30 pumps to fill the (dry) Raycor pre-filter, and another 30 pumps to fill the primary filter. As a filter filled it was screwed tight. Then I pumped some more and tried starting. The truck started fine but did sputter some before smoothing out.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The vent is on top of the SECONDARY filter? Is it marked in any way or is it obvious which one it is?

That explains why I pumped the prime for an hour with the water drain open and never got a prime...Whoops.
What about a snake. Right on top of the secondary. It's a bolt with an O ring. I pulled it all the way out to bleed.

Attachments

Last edited: