• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Missing Door Lockrod clip Fix - non original part

Overdrive

Thanks to Lmtv772 sending me a drivers door glass my LMTV now is all sealed up. In addition to the shattered window not reported in the GP inspection report the inside handle would not open the door. After pulling the window components apart I also looked for a lock rod clip that would work with no luck. The rods are 3mm diameter. So I got an assortment pack of push nuts which did the trick to secure the lockrod. Just put a good coat of lithium grease in the slot for the rod. Not the best using push nuts but it seems to work well

Installing the window went smooth after I figured out the spring thing in the regulator was loose and not in the little tube channel of the regulator. The rivets holding in the window channel seemed weird but after getting the glass in with the channel it made more sense with the limited gap between the channel and the glass.

Lmtv772

Banned
Congratulations on getting your LMTV in ship shape. :) I am glad I was able to help you with the parts you needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks