• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV/MTV Tool Kit (on vehicle) Suggestions

Third From Texas

So I want to start putting together a toolkit for my truck. Curious what others are carrying. I feel like I'm missing something...

So far I have:

Glad Hand Air Hose
20 ton Air Hydraulic Bottle Jack
Two 4' Breaker Bars
1 !/2" Truck Lug Wrench
Torque Multiplier Lug Nut Wrench Set

SAE Wrench Set (up to 1 1/16)
Metric Wrench Set (up to 24mm)
*not sure how much higher I need to go

Pliers
Needle Nose Pliers
SAE and Metric Long Allen Sets
Assorted Flat and Philips Screwdrivers
BigAss Hammer
Gorilla Glue
Gorilla Tape
Hose Tape
Electrical Tape
Teflon Tape

*On-board Spare Parts and Recovery Kits I figure are worth their own posts

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You need 2 complete sets of sockets and a couple of ratchets just in case cause we know they fall apart when you need them.

I carry a 20ton jack, multipurpose air hose, military lug wrench and bar, 36" crowbar, Hammer, and everything else i need to disassemble the whole truck and put it back together on the side of the highway fits in this ammo can. Besides my 20v dewalt big and little impacts. There is doubles of every socket size in that can. and yes that is all i carry when i go traipsing all over the country.

You should invest in a multipack of DOT air fittings a few of every type of straight fitting for pipe and DOT. or atleast nuts and Farrells as well as some line in small sections like 4ft of 3/8 and 1/2" Most things will get you off the road but an air leak or a particular blown line can cripple you where you stand. Once you know your truck well enough you will have that gut feeling of tools you know you will need as well as what you can make do with.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks