• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Parking brake will not release

poultrydoc

Jumped in the 1079 Sunday and could not get the parking braked to disengage. The previous time or two it was driven they seemed to not want to come loose, but finally did. Ended up have to cage one set on each side and pull the spring on the other two, as each side was missing a cage bolt and could not find one on a Sunday. In any case, I made it home and tried trouble shooting with more than just my phone.
I've read past threads and worked through everything I can find in regards to trouble shooting from ARMY TM 9-2320-365-20-2. I've dismantled and cleaned the check valve behind the front-left gladhand (it was pretty corroded). I've included a pic of the check valve, as I haven't seen one in previous threads. IMG_1670.JPG

Any help here would be appreciated!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks