• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV won't self propel

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I'm in the debugging phase of the new Bragg M1081 Airdrop LMTV. All the usual cannibalization: PDP relays missing, batteries missing, air fittings gone. So I replace all that. Ignition on, press the red button, nothing. Jump K1 relay and we have a running truck. Put it in D to move out, well, it tries to . . . lots of whirring coming from below. Front DS spinning, no movement. Hmm, blown pumpkin? No, one axle is spinning as can be seen in the knuckle. Open the wheel end spider. Hmm, some things missing here too LOL.

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will those axles in Brenham have what you need? Better hurry. When I was up there they were talking about pulling the pumpkins and hacking the rest up.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fortunately when I got my yet uninstalled high speed gears, I saved all the axle parts that I could from the two donor axles. So I have what I need to repair. Just funny that Uncle went through the trouble of siliconing the hub on with no guts inside. Fooled me.

FloridaAKM

And I thought I had problems. Army mechanic told sarge, "She's all buttoned up & read to go to DERMO" Sarge sees the silicone seal & send her off to be sold off! What a big time pain!