• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Load test of an MEP006a

sewerzuk

Thought I would share a video of a load test I recently did non one of my MEP006's. Nothing spectacular about it; just a few transitions from no load to 100% load, testing individual cables for current, etc.
I had been load testing my generators by hooking them up to my shop and turning on equipment until I hit 100% load; that method works fine for the -002 and -003's that I had but it was difficult with the -006. Although I was able to fully load it, it took just about everything I own...lights, heaters, air compressor, lathe, mill, etc. all running at the same time.
A while ago I scored this 300kW resistive load bank...it works perfect to load the larger generators.
Check out the video here:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ0SEAEgPo0[/media]

coyotegray

Those are great generators.

During Desert Storm we ran 14 or so of them at Fleet Hospital 6 In Bahrain.
They ran for about 4-5 months continuously with no problems. Only issue we had was human error... Part of my job was generator duty at night. Driving a M1008 from one to the next logging the load, hours, oil pressure, fuel, etc..

Andy..