• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loading Ramp at Nellis AFB?

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Headed to Nellis next week to pickup a truck and would like to trailer it home. GL says no loading ramp, nor do they know of one. Any one know of a place nearby?

Artisan

Well, Did you look hard enough Rob??????????

I wrote a guy who is up there and he replied w/ this;

"I'm sure that there is a loading ramp somewhere on base. If they allow a civilian to use it is another consideration. When he drives up to the ECP he should go into the office on the right side and park there. The security and info office has an access road just before you get to the ECP. Ask inside the office about the possibility to load the truck/equipment. If this is an auction vehicle then the auction company should have an area secured to load from (maybe contact the auction company first).

If that fails, I suggest looking for the closest farm implement dealer or heavy equipment dealer. They will usually allow the use of their loading ramp. I have used these options many times myself, although not at Nellis.

Worst case is to hire a ramp truck to load the truck and then back-to-back transfer the truck from the ramp truck to the transport truck."

I have another shout out for you too ROB, I await a reply.

PS, no word on the towbars yet, it's complicated, I am working on it Rob...........

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wanted to give this thread a quick update after my visit. May help someone else... GL employees still said no loading ramp in the lot, (I didn't see one either) and there was not a chance of me using one at another spot on the base. As far as I can tell your SOL for a loading ramp at Nellis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks