• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loadout at Wright-Patterson

jimmcld

I'm trying to arrange a trucking company to pick up my M816 from Wright-Patterson and I just learned that they only loadout on Mondays and Thursdays. It's hard enough to arrange for a trucker to be there in the specified two week time frame, but when you tell him that he has to be there on a Monday or a Thursday, it really ties it down. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, what did you do?

Jim

monkeythumbs

Are sure its not monday thru thursday ? I've picked up several trailers and one truck there in the past, not sure what day of the week any of them were and I only called to arrange pick-up twice. I only live 20 miles north so I figured if they said no I'd come back later on in the day or set up an appointment then .

jimmcld

I talked with Dave from GL and I'm pretty sure he told me Monday and Thursday only. In fact I repeated it to him because I was a little troubled by that. He said that they work three different bases and that they were only at "Wright-Pat" on Mondays and Thursdays. I would love to be wrong because it really makes it hard for a trucker to work this into his schedule.

Jim

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I knew more about 5 tons I could go get it for you and have the trucking company pick it up here. They could load it out front or the compound next door. With 18 acres I think I could find a place. :)

dm22630

The shipper I have used to move almost 20 trucks for me is:

KAR TRANSPORT
(757) 497-5501

Ask for Wayne (the owner) & tell him Daniel in Front Royal, VA sent you.

I highly recommend them as a shipper.

monkeythumbs

You may be right about Monday and thursday loadouts, I haven't picked up anything from there for probally a year now. Last time I was down there was when they started to consolidate the locations, and eliminatied a position or two at Wright-Patt. Is it a runner? If so and you are willing to let somebody who knows nothing about 5tons take it off base for you , PM swbradley1 or myself either of us could pull it off base to make scheduling easier on your trucking company. I met an "88MIKE" from the Army National Guard the other day and could probally pick his brain for pointers of the difference between a duece and 5ton.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks