• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Located an M135!

civicnar

I have found an M135 in a local junkyard here that I can pick up cheap. I am not sure as to the specifics because I am new to this scene. The biggest question that I have is, are the axles locked or can I put a locker in them or just some form of info for off roading purposes. I am unsure as to if I will use it in it's original state or whether I will part it out and use the axles in something else. I assume that I can get it at a reasonable cost so if you all would like I can get some pics and more info on it but I guess my biggest question is what is out there for the axles, where can I get it, and mostly is this plausable. We have 3 off road parks locally and I think it would be funny to run up on a little CJ in one of these LOL :)

David_4x4

civicnar said:
I have found an M135 in a local junkyard here that I can pick up cheap. I am not sure as to the specifics because I am new to this scene. The biggest question that I have is, are the axles locked or can I put a locker in them or just some form of info for off roading purposes. I am unsure as to if I will use it in it's original state or whether I will part it out and use the axles in something else. I assume that I can get it at a reasonable cost so if you all would like I can get some pics and more info on it but I guess my biggest question is what is out there for the axles, where can I get it, and mostly is this plausable. We have 3 off road parks locally and I think it would be funny to run up on a little CJ in one of these LOL :)
Honestly I haven't seen much in an aftermarket for these axles. But Im sure someone else with more knowledge witth chime in.

jasonjc

RE: Re: Located an M135!

I dont think there is much for them either they use GM bajo typ not the rockwells I've been out bid on M135's on ebay by newbies only to see them relisted 2-3 times.
Does that truck have a good bed on it and do they have any other old green iron in this junk yard???

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my experience the axles in these trucks are not as strong as the Rockwells in the Reo and M35 trucks.
Regards Marti

civicnar

RE: Re: Located an M135!

I can't remember but I will take some pics the next time I am out there if you all would like me to post some up for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks