• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locker swapping.

shannondeese

I already have an ARB airlocker in my rear axle on my bobbed deuce. I’m thinking about moving it to the front and installing a grizzly locker in the rear. I almost never use the ARB. But it’s nice to have, just not nice enough to spend the cash on another one for the front. It’s like my winch mostly it just sits ther but when I need it I really need it. Have any of you run the grizzly locker? If so what do you think about it? Thanks.

rustystud

Grizzly makes a good product. Though any "Locker" style differential can be hard on components. Do you drive this truck on the road a lot ? Or is it a "off-road" fun toy ? If so then go ahead and get the locker for the rear and put the ARB up front. Whatever you do, do not install a welded spyder in the front ! Unless you only plan on using your truck off-road.

Grizzly makes a good product. Though any "Locker" style differential can be hard on components. Do you drive this truck on the road a lot ? Or is it a "off-road" fun toy ? If so then go ahead and get the locker for the rear and put the ARB up front. Whatever you do, do not install a welded spyder in the front ! Unless you only plan on using your truck off-road.
That's why I said to use hub locks....

shannondeese

This particular deuce sees a mix of off road and on road. I just used it on a 23 hour recovery to go get another deuce. So I tow a massive trailer sometimes. I off road it sometimes. And sometimes I drive it to work. I’ll probably save for another air locker just for the convenience of them. I have a couple more deuces that are only off road I might put the grizzly lockers in one of them.

rustystud

This particular deuce sees a mix of off road and on road. I just used it on a 23 hour recovery to go get another deuce. So I tow a massive trailer sometimes. I off road it sometimes. And sometimes I drive it to work. I’ll probably save for another air locker just for the convenience of them. I have a couple more deuces that are only off road I might put the grizzly lockers in one of them.
That makes more sense. ARB is the best if your truck see's both on and off-road use.

winfred

the detroit in the front of mine was manageable with NDTs on pavement, but became impossible when the 395s went on and hubs became mandatory

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks