• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long travel on shifter.

Redpawn

I have an 816 and the transmission shifts seem to be very long. When I shift in to any of the forward throw gears (R-2-4) the shifter will hit the dash and so will your knuckles too. Any of the rear throw shifts (1-3-5) will hit the 4x4 shifter or PTO shifter. I pulled the shift tower off and everything looks in order so is this just how it is or is there something I can do to shorten the shifter throw? I did some searching on here but no luck so if anyone has a link for me that would be great.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed my M813 had a long throw - not as far as yours but it tightened up a bit when I put a different shifter in because the original shaped spring retainer thing was chipped and cracked. If I were to force my shifter to hit the dash it would crack this part open. The part is sandwiched between a coil spring and a retaining ring.
20200319_191903.jpg
20200319_192019.jpg
20200319_192027.jpg

You can see the part I'm talking about in these pics. Maybe your part is broken also?

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an 816 and the transmission shifts seem to be very long. When I shift in to any of the forward throw gears (R-2-4) the shifter will hit the dash and so will your knuckles too. Any of the rear throw shifts (1-3-5) will hit the 4x4 shifter or PTO shifter. I pulled the shift tower off and everything looks in order so is this just how it is or is there something I can do to shorten the shifter throw? I did some searching on here but no luck so if anyone has a link for me that would be great.
My shifter in my M818 does the same thing. I thought it was normal. I've seen replacement shifters on ebay for around $80 or so. Might be time for a replacement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks