• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look what I just won on GL only 50 hours on it

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for the battery ID I will check with the PX gas station to see if they can order one for me. Since you are so close I would love to get together sometime I hope you are going to be at Aberdeen since I have two spaces there this year.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen quite a few dry 4HNs on ebay. As far as weight, you're right David. The MEP-016 is around 280#. The MEP-017 is close to 500# +/-. If the ebay thing doesn't work out Star Electric has them. Contact Kevin Emdee from Star and have him bring one to Aberdeen.

ptg530C

Hate to say it but 2 12V Walmart lawntractor batteries are the way to go. Wire them up like the 2 batteries on the duece. See the "Hearing Protection Required" warning? Make sure you use it and make sure you set that thing up to deaden the sound. The generator makes a high pitched whine that can be heard a long way away. Mine uses a little less than a gallon per hour but with
the various voltage settings will run just about anything. Anyone have any sparkplugs?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I got a 24 volt battery from a battery warehouse. I do like the idea of two lawn batteries probably cheaper. The one I bought cost $80.00. It is up in the back of my duece right now waiting for me to come home and fire it up. I am going to mount it someway to make it easier to wheel around. I know when we used these back in my platoon leader and company commander days we always built up a big sandbag wall to go around them and also added a truck muffler using flex hose and clamps to quiet them down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks