• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lookin to buy

Masterkayin

Long time lurker, first time poster (that I can recall)

Thought I'd throw this in here, seeing as I was getting nowhere otherwise. I'm lookin to buy me a m1009 blazer. I'm currently in the Rochester, NY area, but I frequently find myself in Ohio, PA, as well as Michigan. I've got $2500ish to spend. I guess what I'm asking is if someone could point me in the right direction? I've watched Ebay pretty regularly for awhile, now, but never really had any cash in hand. Now that I do, I'm having trouble finding a damn thing. Any input would be appreciated.

86M10086.2L

I rescued my truck from Coleman's Military Surplus (www.colemans.com) in Sept. when I left they had one more M1008 which was probably a radio truck, but more importantly for you they had a white M1009. If I remember correctly it has @ 83K miles on it, nice floors and interior save for the dash but they're never good. The only major problem was the rockers had seen better days. They had another fellow looking at the trucks when I bought mine they all fired right up cold including the blazer. I don't recall the price off hand but I know it was much cheaper than the M1008's. They are located in Millersburg PA right by Tower City which was @ a 4 hour drive for me from Long Island. If you go there or talk to them ask for Tom, he's the only one who really knows anything about the trucks there, nice guy too. hope this helps if I could bring another one home I would, but I've been banned from buying any more vehicles.

Armada

Thanks for the endorsements, guys! Masterkayin, check out the ad and if it's something you might have an interest in give me a shout.
Paul

Masterkayin

FMJ said:
Then theres always GL, there are a bunch of 1009's on sale now.....
\

I had been folowing Government Liquidation for awhile, as well. I'm just iffy about the whole process, in all honesty. None are really close enough for me to go inspect myself, otherwise you don't really know what you're getting other than their vague description.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Masterkayin said:
FMJ said:
Then theres always GL, there are a bunch of 1009's on sale now.....
\

I had been folowing Government Liquidation for awhile, as well. I'm just iffy about the whole process, in all honesty. None are really close enough for me to go inspect myself, otherwise you don't really know what you're getting other than their vague description.
Well, some will surely popup near you, Chambersburg maybe......

I bought both of my 1008's sight unseen, other than the GL pics, and description, I'm happy, and it wasn't complicated. Good luck with your search!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sprucemt said:
Just to let you know, Tom at Coleman's passed away recently. I do not know who his replacement will be.
That's a shame, Tom was one of the few guys at Coleman's I actually liked dealing with. His knowledge of everything mechanical there impressed me, and he actually cared about the stuff that was back in the weeds, when Shawn and everyone else was only caring about scrapping it all. He wasn't that old, either...

Masterkayin

Thanks for all the replys, fellas. Sorry I havn't replied recently. Had an... unusual weekend.

Anyway, back to the gov liquidation thing, I guess my problem with that is that I only have a certain amount of cash available to me, and this time of year (For a roofer) it's slow coming in. I just don't want to get burned. Got burned on my last vehicle (Effin ford ranger) and am a bit hesitant to buy anythin else unless I can give it a good inspection. This tends to slow things down quite a bit and make any headway damn near tedious. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me, though. I guess all I can really do as of now is just stay patient and keep my eyes open.

Oh, and I have been finding a few, it's not like they're completely absent from the area, but it seems like each one has rotted out rockers. I can do body work, replace panels, etc. But when it comes to rockers, I'd rather avoid the situation all together. It's gotta be the salt...

86M10086.2L

I had no Idea that Tom passed. He was great when I bought my M1008 from them. He was most of the reason I bought it. He let me roam arond looking for stuff in the yard for it, even let me take my troop seats of the other running M1008. He'll be missed.

JohnFire

nice rockers wanna do mine :D that looks like one of the cleanest bodies and frames that I have ever seen. I need to strip mine down completely and take care all of the rust and dents

pontiac59

You can buy inner and outer rockers for both sides for about $60 from LMC Truck or JC Whitney. Slipcovers are even less. Paint's easy enough to match up on most of these trucks. I bought my ex-USAF Suburban with one rotty rocker area and it didn't scare me any.. then again the ex-school bus driver I run now basically has no rockers left, and hasn't for 30,000 miles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks